Wednesday 23 December 2015

SUCCESS THROUGH ACHIEVEMENTS FEAT. FATIMA RAZIC

Once a friend asked me, “Why do some people become arrogant after achieving success?”

I said, “If those people are still arrogant, then they are not successful yet.”

He said, “No, there are so many people who after achieving success don’t even look towards poor and needy people.”

I said, “That’s interesting. There might be two reasons. Firstly, they might be very busy in building themselves and growing up so they don’t want to look down.
Secondly, they might come to know about the fact that they don’t have the power to change everyone but they can change themselves so that they can be an inspiration for others.”

I want to do this and I want to do that. Everyone wants to do something but this world does not work according to your wants, it works as it is meant to be. The world needs to move, the plants need to grow, and we need food to nourish.

The day you will come to know about why you are here, then, there will be a dire need, a burning desire. Then you will come to know about the difference between wants and needs.

But, what is that strange, crazy story that you always tell yourself not to go for what you want? There are people in this world who are doing jobs that they don’t want to, and they always complain about their work.

When others ask them that why they don’t just leave their job and do what they love and earn through that; these mediocre people always have a story, an excuse. These mediocre people have a very special destructive tool and that is, procrastination. But you know what, that’s the story those people keep telling themselves not to be successful.

http://yadhuvirsingh.blogspot.com/2015/12/success-through-achievements-feat-fatima.html

I interviewed Fatima Razic (Founder of www.fatimarazic.com) who is a singer, songwriter and soon she is going to release her debut album.

I heard her interview on the radio and her story is very powerful and motivating. I would like to share her story that she told me in the interview.

Fatima Razic said, “I am the citizen of the world! I have been through a lifetime of experiences in a short period of time and that had taught me a tremendous number of lessons that I carry with me everywhere.

My life started in a small country in the Balkan’s, Bosnia and Herzegovina, in a sunny town called Mostar. I was the youngest of three daughters.

Although I am sure there were political tensions leading up to it, when the civil war broke out in 1992, for me my whole world turned upside down. What we thought was a short week long escape from the fighting turned out to be three and half years in Croatia.

During the war, unmentionable atrocities were committed; many innocent lives were lost, families were uprooted from their homes, my family was split into refugee camps and both of my parents were in concentration camps. By the time I was 15, I had seen more than my fair share of pain, sadness and depression.

At the age 16, my parents supported my wish to the US to pursue education and better life opportunities. And so I went to join my sisters in the promise lands, finished college and started the rest of my life with a nice job and a degree in my back pocket.

Throughout my childhood music was always my escape and I would wait for everyone to leave the house and then I would sing in the front of the mirror. Music continued to be my solitude, comfort and my passion throughout my college years and then even when I started working as an analytics professional.

But after achieving what by my parents’ standards was everything they could wish for, marketable degree, crushy job and a nice life, I still felt incomplete and would go home feeling empty and not fulfilled. It was then I started taking piano lessons and started frequenting open mic places and building my comfort on the stage.

Once I experienced the stage, I was hooked. I started writing, producing, working with other musicians and building my confidence and gift.

I sent one of the first songs, “When Will I See You Again”, to a Grammy nominated jazz saxophonist Jimmy Highsmith Jr. who later mentored me and taught me the ropes of music business. He believed in me before I believed in myself and he is currently helping me with my debut album.

I use music and writing as a way to express my life experiences in hopes of reaching an audience that feels understood and not alone.”

You can listen to Fatima Razic’s music here

Most parents pamper their youngest one but Fatima Razic is a live example for the young generation to push themselves up and to do what they love.

Fatima Razic used to be a professional analyst but she left her job.
I asked her, “Why did you left the job, you did not liked it?”

Fatima Razic said, “It wasn’t my passion.”

Well, there is a huge risk involved when we leave a job to move towards our passion. But that’s what makes it interesting. Some people wants job security while others like Fatima Razic can risk anything for their passion. 

The basic principle for ultimate success is, “High Risk, High Reward.”

* People like Richard Branson, Mark Zuckerberg know that they have to risk high to get high reward. High investment produces high profits.

I asked Fatima Razic, “You have struggled a lot and finally you are here, with your passion. What’s your message for those people who don’t love what they do but still they are sacrificing their lives to earn money and waiting for that one day when they will get what they want?”

Fatima Razic said, “My message is nothing happens overnight. Success doesn’t happen overnight and neither does failure. It takes a lot of time for both success and failure to manifest themselves in reality and they both come from within us.

If you want something, you will have to work for it today. Life is too short to be waiting for some better time. Today is the best day to start the rest of our lives!”

There is a huge difference between success and achievement. Success is what you achieve after doing something meaningful. 

Success is a by-product of achievement.

But, it’s a web. Do not focus on success to become successful. Focus on achievements, focus on achieving the goals.

* ENDING WORDS:

Generally, people focus on the outputs. They always seek outputs. But, the people who are tilted towards output; they totally forget to focus on one thing. That one thing is the process.

Ultimately, what you are doing at present will finally produce the desired outputs; and people often forget that life exists in the present moment.

Either you are a visionary (who holds future in his hands), or you are a fool (who holds future in his thoughts).  

“Focus on what you are doing, not on what you will get.”

                                                       - Yadhuvir Singh

                              
                                 
                                   -x-x- THE END x-x-x-

2 comments:

  1. Great collection of interviews for readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find out more by liking my page at:

      www.facebook.com/yadhuvirsingh.blogspot.in/

      Delete